Wednesday 20 October 2010

Uniservity - The Ugly One

I decided to create this blog in response to my work with schools who have purchased Uniservity. I do not work for Uniservity, but am part of a local authority where many schools have bought it.
Those of you who have Uniservity will know that it has the potential to be the ugliest learning platform this side of 1991. There are those who have managed to beat the ugly beast that is Uniservity into something that looks more like a modern learning environment. I like to think of myself as someone who has gone some way towards doing this, and would like to share the wisdom I have gained so that others can get the benefit.

You may be aware that Uniservity have a new and upcoming product called Life. It looks lovely - worlds apart from the current version. The functionality is what you would expect from a modern learning environment and more, and I have no doubt that it will be a very successful product. I also have no doubt, however, that the additional cost associated with Life over the current Uniservity per-pupil charge will prohibit many schools from upgrading to the new system for some years to come. So the majority will be stuck with the ugly older brother for a good while yet. As such, they will need to make the most of what they've got. That is what this blog is all about. I will be telling you about the bits Uniservity have left out of the manual (if there is one of those...) and never wanted you to know. Let the revolution begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment